Minerals come with fantastic health benefits such as maintaining strong bones, maintaining blood vessel health, promoting dental health, improving brain function, ensuring good blood circulation, improving your metabolism, and more.
Minerals can do wonders to keep every organ active and promote wellness and good health. They maintain body functions that are essential to sustain life, prevent premature aging, and also aid in strengthening your immune system.
The following minerals are essential for health:
- Calcium. This mineral helps in building strong teeth and bones. It also helps promote healthy muscle structure, nerves, and utilization of iron. It also aids in the coagulation of blood and relieves from insomnia. It is found mainly in dairy products, sardines, legumes, and soybeans.
- Magnesium. It helps in lowering blood cholesterol and strengthens tooth enamel as well as attacks the bacteria responsible for tooth decay. It also helps in the conversion of energy from our blood sugar and regulation of normal body temperature. It is found in bananas, avocados, nuts, figs, and dark green vegetables.
- Manganese. This mineral helps your body utilize several vital nutrients such as biotin, thiamine, and ascorbic acid.
- Potassium. This mineral helps in regulating blood pressure, heartbeat, muscle function, as well as body growth. It works with sodium to control the body’s water balance, as well as prevent cramping and lactic acid build-up. It is found in mangoes, bananas, spinach, kale, grapes, broccoli, sweet potato, and dried fruits.
- Zinc. This mineral helps in boosting our immune system and helps fight infections. It also prevents certain cancers and aids in normal growth as well as fertility. It is found in cheese, eggs, pork, beef, and dark chocolate.
- Copper. This mineral helps in breaking down iron and produce red blood cells. It also allows our bodies to create energy for our cells. It is found in liver, sunflower seeds, avocados, wheat bran, whole grains, and seafood.
- Chromium. This mineral helps in regulating blood sugar or glucose levels. It is found in beef, fish, turkey, grape juice, and broccoli.
- Iodine. Iodine is vital for thyroid function, which, in turn, is essential for good health. A deficiency can result in low energy levels, dry, scaly, or yellowish skin, tingling and numbness in extremities, weight gain, forgetfulness, personality changes, low mood states, anemia, and prolonged, and heavy menstrual cycles in women. This mineral is found in seafood, iodized salt, seaweeds, and kelp.
- Selenium. This mineral helps in protecting our cells from being damaged by free radicals. It supports the cardiovascular system, controls the production of thyroid hormones in the body, and strengthens the immune system. It is found in liver, shellfish like shrimp and crabs, salmon, and Brazil nuts.