Our bodies have five detox organs: Skin, Lungs, Kidneys, Liver & Intestines. These organs help to pull out toxins in our bodies that we are exposed to everyday. If our body is healthy and our detox pathways are open and working properly, then our body does the work for us, and the toxic chemicals are transported to these five organs through our lymphatic system and our blood. However, when these detox organs cannot eliminate the toxins, our organs become overwhelmed and damaged from the overload of toxic chemicals found in our food, water, air, plastics, beauty products, alcohol, pharmaceutical drugs, and over the counter pills such as (Advil, Tylenol, etc.). Many of the symptoms we think of as common to our daily lives are actually our bodies working overtime-trying desperately to remove these toxins that do not belong inside of it.
Detoxification is the process of removing toxins from the body. The most noticeable benefits from detoxification are the physical ones. Since the toxins store up in major organs, detoxification will help these areas the most. The organs which are affected, such as the liver and stomach, will begin to work more effectively. After the detox is completed, you may feel lighter and have more energy. Also, since a detox is used to clear away free radicals, your body’s immune system will be stronger, and you will have a lower risk of getting cancer. Finally, a detoxification regimen will clear your blood, helping it circulate better.
Toxins and free radicals that accumulate in the body can also affect brain functions. Before a detox, you may have trouble sleeping, chronic fatigue, and trouble with your concentration. Once you work through this process, many of these issues will gradually disappear. You will be able to sleep better and concentrate more.
A benefit that most people don’t think of can be the change to your lifestyle. As you progress through the body detox, you will begin to feel better physically and mentally. This feeling can be addictive and lead to changing your lifestyle cutting out the bad elements which give your body those toxins. Quitting smoking, eating better, and getting more exercise are all actions that help protect the body.
9 Benefits Of Detoxing The Body
- Energy Boost. By flushing toxins out of your body, you will feel energetic and full of life.
- Rids Your Body of Excess Waste. The main purpose of detoxing is to allow your body to get rid of any excess waste it’s been storing. Detox programs are aimed at stimulating the body to purge itself, including the liver, kidneys, and colons. Most modern diseases are caused by the storing of waste in the body, which is why detoxifying is very important.
- Helps With Weight Loss. A criticism of detox diets is that they only help you lose weight in the short term. Instead, it helps if you look at detox programs as a way to establish long-term eating habits.
- Builds A Stronger Immune System. Detoxifying your body also strengthens your immune system. Your organs are clean and free to function as they should allowing your body to absorb nutrients better.
- Improves Your Skin. Your skin is your body’s largest organ. Since detox programs improve your overall health, it makes sense that your skin benefits the most.
- Clearer Thinking. A cleanse not only benefits your body, but it also strengthens the state of your mind.
- Healthier Hair. A lot of herbs, vitamins, and minerals you consume during a detox have a direct impact on making your hair healthier. When your hair is healthy, it looks better and is harder to break. This is why it’s important to keep your body functioning at its full potential through a regular detoxing strategy.
- Lighter Feeling and a Sense of Well Being. Unencumbered by sugar and fat that make it lethargic, your body will feel lighter and healthier as you progress through your detox diet.
- Anti-aging Benefits. One contributing factor to the aging process is the constant barrage of toxins that our bodies have to battle every day from the trans fats, sugar, and caffeine we feed our bodies daily. Detoxing not only gives short term benefits, but those following the programs see long term benefits that combat premature aging.
Detoxification can also help with gout. The pain and inflammation associated with gout are a result of a condition called hyperuricemia, or elevated levels of uric acid. Uric acid is a normal waste by-product and is usually filtered from the bloodstream by the kidneys. If the uric acid is not removed from the blood, the excess is deposited in the joints as sharp crystals, which cause pain and swelling. Cleansing is intended to help remove uric acid and other toxins from the system to reduce pain and swelling, and to help the kidneys and liver continue to cleanse the system more efficiently.
At Doctor’s Nutrition, we recommend doing a detox using our Detox Greens and Liver Detox and Support. Detox Greens are a great source of chlorophyll and other nutrient-rich vegetables, fruits, herbs, and herbal extracts. Detox Greens contain chlorella, soy, lecithin, Royal jelly Bee Pollen, enzymes, and probiotic cultures in an easy to take pleasant tasting powder form. This formula is specifically designed to support your body’s ability to cleanse detoxify and rejuvenate. Detox Greens helps ensure those daily requirements of veggies and fruits that are sometimes so hard to fit in the daily diet. Detox Greens is the complete green food supplement available today — all this power-packed nutrition in a great-tasting powder formula.
Since most of the detoxification process takes place in the liver, Liver Detox and Support aids the body in getting rid of the toxins without placing undue stress on the liver