CBD Oil the Healthy Hemp
CBD Oil the Healthy Hemp
CBD Oil seems to be everywhere right now, and with good reason, as it has been shown to be beneficial for numerous diseases. So, what is CBD Oil and why is it so special? Keep reading, because we’re going to break it all down for you.
What is CBD Oil?
First off, CBD is NOT marijuana. CBD stands for cannabidiol and it is found in the cannabis plant, but it is not THC which is the part of the cannabis responsible for causing a high. CBD is the major nonpsychoactive part of the cannabis plant, and research in the medical world is beginning to realize that it’s benefits are almost endless. According to a 2013 study published in the British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology, CBD benefits include anti-inflammatory properties, anticonvulsant, antioxidant, antiemetic, anxiolytic and antipsychotic agent, and is therefore a potential medicine for the treatment of neuroinflammation, epilepsy, oxidative injury, vomiting and nausea, anxiety and schizophrenia. There was even a study done in Canada in 2007 that found CBD to be effective in treating neuropathic pain in multiple sclerosis.
How is CBD found in marijuana, but it doesn’t create a high?
There are two types of CBD and it is very important to know the difference. Hemp based CBD oil, which is what we are talking about here, and marijuana-based CBD. While they both contain CBD, and they are both from the cannabis plant, hemp and marijuana are different varieties of the plant. Marijuana based CBD does contain THC, and hemp-based CBD oil does not contain THC; and will not create the feeling of being high. Basically, hemp-based CBD Oil contains all the health benefits of the cannabis plant without the potential drawbacks from other methods of consumption.
So, let’s cut to the chase. What exactly are the health benefits of CBD Oil?
1. Reduces Inflammation & Chronic Pain – CBD Oil for natural pain relief seems to be at the top of every list. A 2012 study published in the Journal of Experimental Medicine found that CBD significantly suppressed chronic inflammatory and neuropathic pain; and researchers suggest that CBD and other nonpsychoactive components of marijuana may represent a class of therapeutic agents for the treatment of chronic pain. In fact, it has been approved in Canada for multiple sclerosis and cancer pain.
2. Treats Seizures & Other Neurological Disorders – A study published in the New England Journal of Medicine states that CBD decreased frequency of seizures by 23%. Due to its anti-seizure properties, CBD has been shown to be successfully, with no side effects, treat drug-resistant children who have epilepsy.
3. Reduces Anxiety & Depression – CBD has been shown to reduce anxiety in patients with social anxiety disorder; and researchers suggest that it may also be effective for panic disorder, obsessive compulsive disorder, and post-traumatic stress disorder. CBD has also been shown to reduce depression by enhancing both serotonergic and glutamate cortical signaling, which are both lacking in those with depression.
4. Has Antipsychotic Effects – Studies show that CBD prevents psychosis and has even shown successful in trials of patients with schizophrenia.
5. Reduces Oxidative Stress – Oxidative stress happens when the body has too many free radicals and not enough antioxidants to keep up with them. Oxidative stress causes many ailments and is a bigger problem now than in years past due to our environment becoming more toxic. In a 2010 study, CBD oil was shown to act as an antioxidant and it was also shown to reduce neurological damage caused by free radicals.
6. Promotes Heart Health – Heart disease is the leading cause of death in the United States, and while obviously a healthy diet and regular exercise are of top priority for heart health CBD oil can also help. According to research CBD reduces artery blockage, reduces stress induced cardiovascular response, and can reduce blood pressure. It may also reduce cholesterol.
7. Relieves Nausea – CBD has been used for centuries for nausea and vomiting. A 2012 study published in the British Journal of Pharmacology found that CBD benefits include possessing anti-nausea and antiemetic effects. Researchers found that CBD acts in a diphasic manner, meaning that in low doses it suppresses toxin-induced vomiting. However, using it for nausea should be done with caution as taking it in high doses can increase nausea or have no effect.
8. Fights Cancer – The role that CBD can play in the fight against cancer is still being researched, but what we do know is very promising. The current research shows that not only is CBD effective in fighting breast cancer cells, but data also suggests that it can be used to inhibit the invasion of lung and colon cancer; plus it possesses anti-tumor properties in gliomas and has been used to treat leukemia.
9. Improves Skin Conditions – Studies show that CBD oil, used topically, can treat conditions such as eczema by killing off abnormal cell growth. CBD also contains nutrients such as Vitamin E which helps to protect the skin and therefore reducing acne.
10. Lowers Incidence of Diabetes – A 2006 study found that CBD treatment significantly reduced the incidence of diabetes in non-obese diabetic mice from 86% in non-treated mice to 30% in CBD-treated mice. Researchers have also found that usage is associated with 16% lower fasting insulin levels. They also found significant associations between usage of CBD and smaller waist circumferences, a factor connected to the onset of diabetes symptoms.
Important note: Though CBD oil on its own is very safe, it may interact with other medications and treatments. Speak with your doctor if you’re concerned about interactions or are unsure about using hemp oil for your conditions.
CBD oil is just awesome. Its really great for solving several issues.