Milk Thistle (90 capsules)
A vegetarian herbal supplement to support healthy liver function and detoxification.*
• Used historically (for over 2,000 years) to support liver and biliary function.*
• Milk Thistle contains antioxidant flavonoids collectively known as Silymarin, which appear to support liver membrane health.*
• Silymarin, the key compound in milk thistle, is composed mainly of silybin, approximately 70%, along with a mixture of other flavonoids. Silybin is the most beneficial component found in silymarin.
• Silymarin is a potent antioxidant, and supports stabilization of cellular membranes, detoxification pathways.* It is shown to support phase II detoxification pathways in mice.*
• Doctor’s Nutrition Milk Thistle is standardized to yield 240 mg (80%) Silymarin per capsule.
• Milk Thistle supports liver detoxification through its antioxidant activity, and its support of bile production (to help emulsify fats).* It also has a soothing effect on liver, kidney and bladder tissues.*
• Milk Thistle has been the subject of numerous scientific and clinical studies.
Milk Thistle Supports:
- Liver and kidney cell health*
- Liver detoxification*
- Fat digestion and bile production*
- Balanced blood sugar and cholesterol levels within normal ranges*
- Excretion of cholesterol*
- Hormone secretion*
- Normalizes tumor necrosis factor (TNF) and leukotriene secretion*
- Protein synthesis in the liver, which helps transform LDLs to HDLs and supports healthy liver cell function*
• Suggested Use: As a dietary supplement, take 1 capsule, 2-4 times daily between meals, or as professionally directed.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.