Pregnenolone 10 mg. (60 caps)
Pregnenolone, 3-alpha-hydroxy-5-beta-pregnen-20-one, is a precursor to over 150 steroid hormones and is produced naturally in the body from cholesterol.
Uses For Pregnenolone:
Memory Support: Animal studies have reported that pregnenolone may help to enhance memory by modulating N-methyl-D-aspartate (NMDA) and gamma aminobutyrate (GABA) receptor activity in the brain. One study suggested that pregnenolone helped promote post-training task learning and memory.*
Immune Health: One study indicated that the 7-hydroxy metabolites from pregnenolone may help promote healthy immune system response.*
Mood Support: Pregnenolone has been reported to help promote feelings of emotional well-being. One study suggested that pregnenolone supported positive mood and feelings of motivation by mediating dopamine release.*
Are There Any Precautions Or Potential Side Effects?
• NOT FOR USE BY INDIVIDUALS UNDER THE AGE OF 18 YEARS.
• DO NOT USE IF PREGNANT OR NURSING.
• KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.
• Consult a physician or licensed qualified health professional before using this product.
• Do not exceed the recommended serving. Exceeding the recommended serving may cause serious adverse health effects.
• Pure Encapsulations recommends 10–30 mg per day, with a meal, preferably in the morning or early afternoon.
• Pregnenolone should only be used under the direction and supervision of a health professional.
• Discontinue use and call a your licensed qualified health professional immediately if you experience rapid heartbeat, dizziness, blurred vision, or other similar symptoms.
• When taken at higher levels, irritability, over-stimulation and fatigue have been observed. Due to its effects on the GABA receptor in the central nervous system, supplementation with pregnenolone could cause problems in people with a history of seizures.
• To report any adverse event call 1–800–332–1088.
Are There Any Potential Drug Interactions?
Pregnenolone may inhibit drugs used to increase GABA activity (e.g., Neurontin); these drugs are frequently used in the treatment of epilepsy and depression.*
each vegetarian capsule contains v 3
pregnenolone (3-alpha-hydroxy-5-beta-pregnen-20-one)………………………………………………………. 10 mg
other ingredients: hypo-allergenic plant fiber (cellulose), vegetarian capsule (cellulose, water)
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease