Ocular Support (90 capsules)
Ocular Support* is a dietary supplement to maintain and support proper visual function.
It contains 16 nutrients including antioxidants, vitamins, minerals and herbs that have been found to support optimal eye health and functions.*
Eye Structure and Function Support:
• Quercetin and Rutin are antioxidants that help support capillary integrity and work with Vitamin C to decrease bruising of the small capillaries in the eye.* Rutin has also been associated with maintaining healthy ocular pressure within the eye.* Quercetin helps support histamine levels within normal ranges to help maintain eye health.*
• Bilberry helps with the formation and maintenance of connective tissues within the eye, has beneficial effects on microcirculation, assists in strengthening capillaries in the eye and protects the macula.*
• Eyebright is an herb that improves microcirculation to the retina and helps maintain eye moisture and pressure.*
• L-Taurine is essential for maintaining the structural integrity of the retina.* If Taurine is depleted, rapid photoreceptor degeneration can result.*
• Lutein and Zeaxanthin are antioxidants that support ocular health by inhibiting free radical reactions in the eye and by supporting the thickness of macular pigment.* Lutein is found in high concentrations in the retina and macula of the eye. Lutein also helps protect the lens of the eye from the damaging effects of UV sunlight.*
• Vitamin B12 helps nerve function by supporting the myelin sheath, which insulates nerves such as the optic nerve.*
• Alpha Lipoic Acid is an antioxidant that is both fat and water soluble and can extend the biochemical life of other antioxidants such as Vitamins C, E and L-Glutathione.
• Beta carotene is a powerful antioxidant that is converted in the body to Vitamin A, which is essential to the protection and function of the retina of the eye.*
• Lycopene is a phytonutrient that has powerful antioxidant powers to help maintain optimal eye health.*
•L-Glutathione is the key antioxidant in the lens. Its major function is to protect the lens from ultraviolet radiation which over time can cause clouding.* The production of Glutathione in the lens declines with age.
• Vitamins C & E are antioxidants that support circulation and the structures of the eye.*
• Selenium, Zinc & Riboflavin are nutrients necessary for supporting antioxidants such as glutathione and super oxide dismutase.
Serving Size: 1 Capsule
Servings Per Container: 90
Amount Per Capsule % Daily Value
Vitamin A: 5000 IU. 100%
(100% as beta- carotene)
Vitamin C (Ascorbate: ascorbic acid): 250 mg. 417%
Vitamin E (d- alpha tocopheryl succinate): 30 IU. 100%
Riboflavin: 5 mg. 294%
Vitamin B12 (Methylcobalamin): 10 mcg. 167%
Zinc: 5 mg. 33%
Selenium (L- selenomethionine): 25 mcg. 36%
Lutein: 6.7 mg. *
Lycopene: 5 mg. *
Zeaxanthin: 700 mcg. *
L- Glutathione: 10 mg. *
Taurine: 50 mg. *
Alpha Lipoic Acid: 25 mg. *
Quercetin: 30 mg. *
Eyebright (Euphrasia officinalis) Extract (whole herb): 60 mg. *
Bilberry (Vaccinium myrtillus L.) fruit: 40 mg.
*Other ingredients: vegetable cellulose, rice flour, vegetable stearate. This product is vegetarian and free of citrus, corn, eggm gluten, milk, sodium, soy, wheat, yeast, added sugars, synthetic dyes, artificial flavorings and preservatives.
* Daily Value not established.
Warning: If pregnant or nursing, consult your health care practitioner before taking this product.
Suggested Use: As a dietary supplement, take 1 capsule, 3 times daily with meals or as professionally directed.