Electrolyte/Energy Formula (12oz/340g)
Supports hydration, stamina, and electrolyte repletion.
- Combines sodium, chloride, potassium, calcium and magnesium to replenish electrolytes lost during exercise; supports muscle function, retains hydration, may lessen the perception of exertion‡
- Provides glucose and maltodextrin, important pre-exercise sources of rapidly available energy; spares glycogen stores and delays fatigue‡
- Contains the energizing cofactors malic acid and alpha ketoglutarate, both Krebs cycle intermediates‡
- Includes vitamin C to protect muscles from free radicals generated during exercise and to enhance tissue recovery‡
- Supports mental focus under stressful conditions and may also help promote physical endurance with the amino acid l-tyrosine, a neurotransmitter precursor‡
- Especially for strenuous or prolonged exercise at least 1-2 hours in length
Uses For Energy/Electrolytes Promote Endurance: Electrolytes are vital cofactors for muscle energy metabolism and cell function. Suboptimal levels can compromise performance while optimal levels promote endurance and may lessen the perception of exertion during exercise. This formula combines sodium, chloride, potassium, calcium and magnesium to replenish electrolytes lost during exercise and to help retain hydration, particularly for workouts lasting longer than 1–2 hours. Maltodextrin and glucose contained in this formula provide pre-exercise support by providing rapidly available energy and helping to preserve glycogen stores during activity. Additionally, they serve to delay fatigue and help replenish glycogen stores post-exercise. Alpha ketoglutarate and malate are Krebs cycle intermediates, key substrates for energy production that help to maximize fat and carbohydrate utilization. Studies have revealed that alpha ketoglutarate, as a precursor to glutamine, may also help muscle protein synthesis and recovery. The amino acid l-tyrosine is a precursor to the catecholamine neurotransmitters, including dopamine, epinephrine and norepinephrine. Research has indicated that l-tyrosine promotes mental focus under stressful conditions and may also help promote physical endurance.*
What Is The Source?
Calcium, magnesium and potassium are from the lime of rock. Citrate is derived from corn dextrose fermenation. Alpha ketoglutarate and malic acid are synthetically produced. l-Tyrosine (free-form) is derived from soy. Maltodextrin and glucose are derived from corn.
Are There Any Potential Drug Interactions?
Tyrosine may interact with L-Dopa or thyroid hormone medications. Consult your physician for more information.
‡These statements have not been evaluated by the Food & Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
There are no reviews yet.