CV Core with CoQ10 (90 capsules)
CV Core with CoQ10 is a vegetarian, gluten free and soy free dietary supplement to support cardio health, normal homocysteine levels and vessel health.
This formula provides a comprehensive cardiovascular strategy by providing nutrients to support healthy cardiac tissue, vascular integrity, and homocysteine levels, while also providing nutrient replenishment to those patients taking cardiovascular medications.
Three Aspects of Cardiovascular Health
Three main factors should be considered when choosing how to supplement for cardiovascular support: homocysteine, blood pressure and cholesterol.
Certain, foundational nutrients are necessary for optimal cardiac and vessel function. Coenzyme Q10, magnesium and B12 are considered highly beneficial for normal heart health. Each of these nutrients have their own important supportive functions.
First, CoQ10 is highest in concentration in organs that demand energy, such as the heart muscle, because it participates in the generation of ATP. There is strong scientific evidence that a deficiency of CoQ10, which is made naturally in the body, can cause symptoms such as heart failure, high blood pressure and chest pain (“Coenzyme Q10 evidence – Mayo Clinic,” 2015). Coenzyme Q10 is also known to be depleted by traditional CV medications like statins. Write Mortensen et. al, “Although HMG-CoA reductase inhibitors are safe and effective within a limited time horizon, continued vigilance of a possible adverse consequence from coenzyme Q10 lowering seems important during long-term therapy” (Mortensen, Leth, Agner, & Rohde, 1997).
Magnesium helps to maintain proper smooth muscle function in the blood vessels. Magnesium supplementation has even been found to have a modest effect on CHD risk in males (Mathers & Beckstrand, 2009). Clinical results have shown that higher intake of dietary magnesium supports normal blood pressure in women, and that increased magnesium intake may improve serum lipid profiles (Champagne, 2008), (“Magnesium | University of Maryland Medical Center,” 2015). Magnesium can also support cellular homeostasis through supporting the proper shuttling of nutrients into and out of cells.*
B12 is essential for heart health because it functions as a cofactor for methionine synthase, which catalyzes the homocysteine-to-methionine conversion (“Dietary supplement fact sheet: vitamin B12 — health professional fact sheet,” 2011). When B12 is insufficient, homocysteine levels can rise due to inadequate methionine synthase function (Clarke et. al, 2014).
Other nutrients that support comprehensive cardiovascular system health include:
• Red Yeast Rice Contains unsaturated fatty acids that support the maintenance of serum lipids within normal ranges.*
• Choline, TMG (Betaine), B6 (pyridoxyl-5-phosphate) and Methyl-B12 In concert with active folate, TMG, B6, B2 or choline can support healthy homocysteine levels.*
• L-Carnitine Essential to breaking down lipids into energy in the mitochondria. The carnitine palmitoyl transferase system of the inner mitochondrial membrane is responsible for transport of longchain fatty acids into the mitochondria.*
• Liposomal C Supports oxidative balance, a critical component of arterial and vessel health.* May also support normal rates of homocysteine-mediated oxidation of low-density lipoproteins.*
• Nattokinase is renowned for its supportive abilities as a fibrinolytic enzyme. In fact, oral administration has been proven to enhancement of fibrinolytic activity in the plasma (Sumi, Hamada, Nakanishi, & Hiratani, 1990). Nattokinase also supports normal platelet aggregation by blocking thromboxane formation (Jang et. al, 2013). Supplementation may even suppress intimal thickening (Suzuki et al., 2003).
Warning: If pregnant or nursing, consult your healthcare practitioner before taking this product.
Warning: Vitamin K2 may counteract the effects of anticoagulation therapy, and therefore is not recommended for patients on blood-thinning medications.
Caution: Discontinue use 2 weeks prior to surgery.
Suggested Use: As a dietary supplement, take 3 capsules daily, or as directed by your healthcare practitioner.
MenaQ7® is a trademark of Nattopharma ASA, Norway; Patented in the United States and
Canada. US Patent Number: 8,354,129; Canada Patent Number: 2,347,387.
Quatrefolic® is a registered trademark of Gnosis S.p.A. U.S. Patent No. 7,947,662
Mecobalactive™ is a trademark of INTERQUIM, S.A.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.
This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.